Follow These Tips & Watch The Fat Drop Off
1. Avoid grains including corn
2. Avoid potatoes and other white foods like white rice, sugar and salt (see Glycemic Index explanation below)
3. Try making protein the focus of each meal. It kicks your metabolism into higher gear. All meats, fish and poultry are the real "guilt-free" foods. The protein will help you handle insulin better, build muscle and repair tissue. All are essential for staying lean and preventing diabetes
4. Snack on nuts and seeds. They are a good source of protein and have Omega 3s'
5. Avoid processed foods, trans-fats, caffeine and high fructose corn syrup (HFCS). All increase insulin resistance
6. Choose vegetables that are low glycemic such as cooked Broccoli, cooked Cabbage, raw Celery, Cauliflower, Green beans, Mushrooms and Spinach. All of these vegetables have a "0" glycemic rating.*
7. Choose fruits such as berries and fruits you can eat with skin on
8. Eat a high protein breakfast every morning. It will stabilize your blood sugar and get you off to a good start.
* The Glycemic Index (GI) measures how quickly foods break down into sugar in your bloodstream. High glycemic foods such as starchy potatoes turn into blood sugar more quickly, and it's almost the same as eating table sugar.
from Dr. Al Sears, MD
Defending Against Cancer Reference Chart